As the peak of the Omicron wave begins to subside – and with almost 70 per cent of adults now armed with their third dose of a COVID Vaccination, the Victorian Government has announced that most COVID-19 restrictions will be removed from 11:59pm, Friday 22 April 2022.
What does this mean for Notre Dame College?
- VACCINATION AND CHECK IN
- Parents and visitors will no longer be required to have two doses or show their vaccination status before entering any of our sites.
- The requirement for contractors and visitors to check-in using the Service Victoria app will end, check-in for Child Safe compliance will continue.
- FACE MASKS
- Face masks will still be required on public transport.
- Face masks are strongly recommended for students when they can’t physically distance.
- Students who are household contacts will have to wear a mask indoors at school.
- QUARANTINE AND ISOLATION
- Close contacts will no longer have to quarantine – provided they wear a face mask indoors and avoid sensitive settings. They will also need to undertake at least five negative rapid tests over the seven days that would previously have been the self-quarantine period.
- Additional RATs will not be provided to families for the purpose of close contacts meeting their testing obligations (although RATs will still be provided for twice weekly testing for the first 4 weeks of Term 2).
- Students who are close contacts will be required to wear a mask when attending school onsite (any further requirements are being confirmed).
- People are exempt from testing or quarantine for 12 weeks if they’ve had COVID-19 – up from 8 weeks.
- The essential requirement to isolate for seven days following a COVID-19 diagnosis is retained.
- POSITIVE COVID CASES
See more information at coronavirus.vic.gov.au.