Dear parents and carers,
I’m writing to let you know that a person/ people with COVID-19 was on our school site while infectious.
Date positive case/s onsite:
Impacted class/es or year level/s
Knight St Students in Years 8 & 10
Any extracurricular activities, including school bus transport
What you need to know
If your child is not experiencing COVID-19 symptoms, they can continue to attend school, but you should monitor for symptoms.
Students who show symptoms of COVID-19 cannot attend school and should get tested immediately and isolate until they receive a negative result.
Students should continue with twice-a-week rapid antigen testing on school days.
Students who have recovered from COVID-19 do not need to participate in surveillance testing for 4 weeks after their isolation period has ended.
For information on symptoms visit: https://www.coronavirus.vic.gov.au/symptoms-and-risks.
For more information on how to get tested visit: https://www.coronavirus.vic.gov.au/taking-test-covid-19.
If your child returns a positive result, your child has COVID-19. You must:
- quarantine your child for seven days
- advise the school about the positive result
- Your child must stay home until their symptoms have resolved and they are well
Reporting your child’s positive test
If your child was at school when they were infectious you need to report the positive case to the school in writing / email or by phone.
You must also report your child’s positive test to the Department of Health via the COVID-19 Positive Rapid Antigen Test Self-Reporting Form or call centre on 1800 675 398.
Further information for languages other than English
- For school information in languages other than English, call TIS National on 131 450.
- For translated written information about COVID-19, please visit: Translated information about COVID-19 | Coronavirus Victoria.
- Please ask them to call the DET COVID-19 hotline on 1800 338 663and they will help interpret.
- For health advice in languages other than English, visit coronavirus.vic.gov.au/translated-information-about-coronavirus-covid-19
Financial support available to people affected by COVID-19:
For more information, visit:
General advice and support
Advice and further resources about what to do if you test positive to COVID-19, or you have been told you are a contact, are at: Your COVID Checklist | Coronavirus Victoria, or call the 24/7 Coronavirus hotline on: 1800 675 398
You can also contact the school:
Phone: 03 5822 8400
Notre Dame College