Dear parents and carers,
I’m writing to let you know that a person/ people with COVID-19 was on our school site while infectious.
Date positive case/s attended:
Impacted class/es or year level/s
Knight St Students Years 8,10 and 11
Any extracurricular activities, including school bus transport
What you need to know
If your child is not experiencing COVID-19 symptoms, they can continue to attend school, but you should monitor for symptoms.
Students who show symptoms of COVID-19 cannot attend school and should get tested immediately and isolate until they receive a negative result.
It is recommended RATs are used by students when symptomatic.
Students who have recovered from COVID-19 in the last 4 weeks are not required to get tested if they are re-exposed to a case within 4 weeks of ending their isolation period.
For information on symptoms visit: https://www.coronavirus.vic.gov.au/symptoms-and-risks
For more information on how to get tested visit: https://www.coronavirus.vic.gov.au/taking-test-covid-19.
If your child returns a positive RAT result and has symptoms and/or has been in contact with someone with COVID-19, it is very likely that your child has COVID-19:
- You must advise the school and the Department of Health about the positive result
- Your child must stay home for 7 days, and then only leave home once they feel well
Reporting your child’s positive test
If your child was at school when they were infectious you need to report the positive case to the school in writing / email or by phone.
You must also report your child’s positive test to the Department of Health via the COVID-19 Positive Rapid Antigen Test Self-Reporting Form or call centre on 1800 675 398.
Further information for languages other than English
- For school information in languages other than English, call TIS National on 131 450.
- For translated written information about COVID-19, please visit: Translated information about COVID-19 | Coronavirus Victoria.
- Please ask them to call the DET COVID-19 hotline on 1800 338 663and they will help interpret.
- For health advice in languages other than English, visit coronavirus.vic.gov.au/translated-information-about-coronavirus-covid-19
Financial support available to people affected by COVID-19:
For more information, visit:
General advice and support
Advice and further resources about what to do if you test positive to COVID-19, or you have been told you are a contact, are at: Your COVID Checklist | Coronavirus Victoria, or call the 24/7 Coronavirus hotline on: 1800 675 398
Notre Dame College