The Acting Premier James Merlino has announced today a proposed easing of COVID-19 Restrictions in Regional Victoria from 11.59pm on Thursday, 3 June 2021. The government will continue tracing and testing over the next 24 hours and then confirm this change can go ahead.
If the easing of restrictions in Regional Victoria are confirmed, this will be in accordance with the Table of Restrictions released by the Victorian Government today. You can view a copy of the Victorian Governments announcement HERE.
What does this mean for Notre Dame College Students?
If the easing of restrictions in Regional Victoria are confirmed, this will mean as of Friday, 4 June 2021 all students can return to face to face learning.
Camps and Excursions
We are awaiting further information in relation to camps and excursions and will provide another update when we have more details.
- Must be carried at all times.
- Must be worn indoors except if at home, or if an exception applies.
- Must be worn outdoors where 1.5 metres physical distancing cannot be maintained.
- Must be worn on all public transport.
- All students must bring their own face masks to school. Students who do not bring masks or refuse to wear them without an exemption will not be able to remain at school and will need to be collected from the College by parents/guardians.
- Teachers and education support staff are not required to wear face masks while teaching, but those who wish to do so, can.
- Students who have a medical exemption not to wear a mask must provide a note from their parents/guardians outlining the reason. The note is then taken to their Head of House who will issue them with a uniform pass.