Early Commencement Program (ECP) 2019
All 2020 Year 12 students and any 2020 Year 11 students accelerating a Unit 3/4 or VET Year 2 subject.
The 2019 Early Commencement Program (ECP) will be conducted over nine days commencing Monday, 18 November and concludes Friday, 29 November.
The aim of the ECP is to provide students with a directed and meaningful beginning to their Unit 3/4 and Year 2 VCE/VET/VCAL studies, whilst also enabling them to start the work involved in each subject. It is therefore a requirement that all 2020 Year 12 VCE and VCAL students attend each day of ECP.
- Confirmation of Subjects have been emailed to students.
- English and Maths books/resources are required for ECP. Information about this was published in the College Newsletter, Student Bulletin and emailed to all students in October.
- Normal Pastoral Group runs during ECP.
- During ECP there will be no external VET at GOTAFE or traineeships.
- Any student with a study period will go to the library and work quietly.
Year 11 (2020) students who are completing a Unit 3/4 VCE or VCE/VET Year 2 subject, are required to attend only for their nominated accelerated subject lesson. If you have a clash with a Year 10 exam, you must attend ECP. Please email Deanne McNair before 3pm Wednesday, 13/11 to change your exam time.
All Year 11 students are required to wear their full and correct school uniform for all ECP classes. Uniform is optional for Year 10 students doing ECP.
Any student who is absent from class during ECP must provide a Doctor’s certificate, and/or letter to the Director of Learning and Teaching, explaining their absence. Failure to provide the required documentation will result in the absence being recorded as ‘unexplained absence’ by their teacher. As per the VCE/VET/VCAL Student Handbook, VCE/VET and VCAL class attendance rules state:
“A student may be at risk of receiving an N for a unit if they have nine unexplained absences (the equivalent of nine short periods) from class during a semester”.