TO: All Year 11 students, and any Year 10 students accelerating a Unit 3/4 or VET Year 2 subject in 2022.
FROM: Director of Learning & Teaching.
DATE: 8 November 2021
The Early Commencement Program (ECP) will be conducted over nine days commencing Monday, 15 November and concludes Friday, 26 November (Monday, 22/11 is student-free day).
The aim of the ECP is to provide students with a directed and meaningful beginning to their Unit 3/4 and Year 2 VCE/VET/VCAL studies, whilst also enabling them to start the work involved in each subject. It is a requirement that all VCE and VCAL students who will be in Year 12 in 2021 attend each day of ECP.
- The ECP timetable will be available on the College website before 12/11.
- Confirmation of Subjects has already been sent to students.
- English and Maths books/resources are required for ECP. Information about this was published in the College Newsletter and emailed to all students in October.
- Normal Pastoral Group runs during ECP.
- During ECP there will be no external VET, including VET Agriculture and VET Music Industry (Wednesday classes at NDC).
- Any student with a study period will go to the library and work quietly.
- All students are required to wear their full and correct school uniform for all ECP classes.
Year 10 students who are completing a Unit 3/4 VCE or VCE/VET Year 2 subject in 2021 are required to attend their nominated accelerated subject lesson.
Any student who is absent from class during ECP must provide a Doctor’s certificate, and/or letter to the Director of Learning and Teaching, explaining their absence. Failure to provide the required documentation will result in the absence being recorded as ‘unexplained absence’ by their teacher. As per the VCE/VET/VCAL Student Handbook, VCE/VET and VCAL class attendance rules state:
“A student may be at risk of receiving an N for a unit if they have nine unexplained absences (the equivalent of nine short periods) from class during a semester”.
To access the ECP Timetable click here.
Should you have any queries in relation to the ECP, please do not hesitate to contact me at the College.
Director of Learning and Teaching.