The Indigenous Youth Leadership Program (IYLP) offers scholarships and leadership opportunities to young Indigenous Australians, with a focus on Indigenous youth from regional or remote communities.
The program is a Federal Government initiative funded by the Department of Prime Minister and Cabinet and provides scholarships for Indigenous students to attend approved secondary schools - day and boarding, government and non-government schools. Scholarships may be offered for up to three years and successful applicants will have their progress reviewed on a periodic basis.
In addition to helping Indigenous students achieve their educational aspirations, the IYLP supports the development of a pool of positive role models and future leaders, to inspire other Indigenous students and illustrate the successes that can be achieved through educational attainment.
As an IYLP Education provider Notre Dame College is very happy to support this program.
HOW TO APPLY FOR A SCHOLARSHIP
- Students are required to complete the Indigenous Youth Leadership Program Application Form for Secondary Scholarships 2020 (available from the College website under the Indigenous Youth Leadership Program Quicklink).
- ALL documents listed in the Application Checklist must be attached to the completed application.
- Completed applications are to be sent by the student to the Indigenous Youth Leadership Program Coordinator, Mr Peter Allan (contact details are provided on the application form) by no later than 13 March, 2020.
- The IYLP Coordinator will short list applicants and arrange interviews.
- The students will be notified by letter of the outcome of their application.
- If students would like assistance in completing their application please contact the College’s Indigenous Education Support Worker Mrs. Janelle Atkinson at the College, she is available Wednesday, Thursday and Friday each week.
- At times the IYLP may require additional information (over and above the referee forms) from the College to assist in the selection process or to obtain progress on successful scholarship holders. In order for the College to provide this information the parent(s)/guardian(s) of the applicant are required to complete the College’s IYLP Release of Confidential Information form which can also be found on the College website under the Indigenous Youth Leadership Program Quicklink. This form is to be returned to the Indigenous Education Support Worker Mrs. Janelle Atkinson by no later than 13 March, 2020.