Dear Parents and Families
- Holidays for students begin on 23/3/2020. Term 2 will commence on Tuesday 14/4/2020.
- We will continue to communicate with you via our website updates during the holidays.
- Premier Daniel Andrews message regarding School Holidays - parents should supervise their children in the most appropriate and safest manner. It is not a time for sleepovers, visits to friends’ homes, shopping centres, etc.
- Students are able to access the College to collect their property from lockers between Tuesday and Thursday this week. No parents or other persons are permitted to collect on their behalf.
- We would like to know if there are students who do not have adequate internet to be able to engage in online learning. If your family does not have adequate internet at home for online learning please complete this quick survey.
- All overseas Immersion (2020) and Study Tours to Italy (2020) and New York (January 2021) have been cancelled.
- Open Day is cancelled for 2020. The enrolment period will commence as per normal. More instruction around how this will work will be sent to you in the coming weeks.
- NAPLAN has been cancelled for 2020.
- We continue to plan for production to proceed; we will communicate further details as we know them.
The social distancing rules imposed by our Government need to be taken seriously. At the College we are implementing a number of additional measures starting today, in an effort to encourage students to follow these rules.
This will be important for students to maintain even once they are no longer attending the College. It is also highly likely that a return to the College will come with social distancing rules still in place.
Students have viewed a video starring our own staff and students today which outlines social distancing rules at school - you can view our video here.
Learning and Teaching – Online Program
- We are currently developing guidelines, our goal at this point is that these plans are very agile so that we can continue to adapt as we have more information and guidelines come through from CECV.
- We will communicate messages from VCAA regarding VCE and VCAL programs as we receive these.