Student Free Days - Wednesday, September 9 & Friday, September 18
- TOMORROW, Wednesday, September 9 is a student free day. There will be NO on-site supervision and no remote learning classes.
- Thursday, September 17 is final day for Term 3, Friday, September 18 is a Student Free Day.
Parent Teacher Interviews
Parent Teacher Interview bookings for this Thursday, September 10 have now closed. Bookings for next Thursday, September 17 are currently open.
VCE Practice Exams
VCAA guidelines state that practice exams cannot be held on site. Practice exams are crucial preparation for VCE external exams. Therefore, the College expects all students to complete practice exams according to the published schedule at home.
- Individual practice exam packs will be compiled for each student, and can be collected from the main reception from September 15 to September 17. The first schedule practice exam is English on September 18. (Term 3 Student Free Day)
- Students are to ensure they complete the practice exams simulating VCAA exam conditions and following the schedule as previously advised.
- Students are required to return all the completed practice exams when they attend the GAT at school on Wednesday, October 7.
If you have any queries regarding practice exams, please do not hesitate to contact Mrs Susan Nabbs - Director of Learning and Teaching.
Week 1 Term 4 (October 5-9)
- Remote and flexible learning will continue for all students for Week 1 of Term 4.
- On-site supervision for children of permitted workers and vulnerable students will continue to be provided consistent with existing guidelines.
- VCE and VCAL students may complete assessment tasks on-site during the week of October 5 – 9. Teachers will communicate with you if this is an expectation for your subject.
- The GAT will be conducted at school on Wednesday, October 7 - students will be required to attend on-site. More details to will be sent.
Return to On-site Learning (October 12 onwards)
All students from Year 7 to Year 12 will return to full-time on-site schooling on Monday, October 12. We look forward to seeing all students back in class.
Year 12 Graduation 2020 - Thursday December 3
Assuming rural Victoria remains on track with the road map outlined by the Victorian Government on Sunday, September 6, we would like to outline the process for the Year 12 Graduation Ceremony in 2020:
- Year 12 graduation ceremony this year will have no dinner gathering, it will be a formal ceremony only. The formal ceremony is normally done each year in the stadium from 6:00pm – 7:15pm just prior to the dinner gathering.
- The event will be live streamed to families and those present at the live stream will be limited to Year 12 Students graduating and associated staff such as Heads of House, Pastoral Group Teachers, Leadership Executive and support staff.
- Year 12 students will be asked to attend in formal wear as they would normally do for graduation and attend the livestream event before heading off to celebrate with their family and friends.
- At this stage we have three viable options to conduct the live stream event and the option we choose will depend on the restrictions being imposed at that time for small/medium size gatherings. We will choose the option that gives us the largest possible gathering.
- Gathering of around 50 people allowed – We would do House by House, so there would be six separate presentations.
- Gatherings of up to 100 allowed – We would do Sister Houses, so there would be three separate presentations.
- Gatherings of 250 or more allowed – We would do just the one presentation for all students.
- All presentations will be done on the same afternoon/evening and will run one after the other.
Notre Dame College leadership, which includes our student leaders, are keen to consult with the community on the finer details of the presentation of graduands and the awarding of their certificate. We would like to make this as interactive and engaging as possible.