Dear Parents and Guardians
There are now three active cases of COVID in Shepparton. Please ensure that you read carefully through the list of new High Risk Locations. You need to be tested as soon as possible and quarantine if you visited any of these place. Students must not come onto College grounds for any reason if they require testing or if someone in their household requires testing. They cannot return to school until they or their family member have returned a negative test.
The high-risk locations in Shepparton residents and visitors should be aware of are:
- Central Tyre Service, Welsford Street Shepparton from Wednesday 30 September 2020 to Tuesday 13 October 2020.
- Bunnings Warehouse, Midland Highway Shepparton Wednesday 30 September 2020.
- McDonalds Shepparton North, 175 Midland Highway Shepparton Saturday 3 October 2020.
- Mooroopna Golf Club Members Bar, Sunday 4 October and Pro Shop and Members Bar Sunday 11 October 2020.
- Shepparton Market Place Medical Centre, Midland Highway Shepparton Thursday 8 October 2020.
- Lemon Tree Café, Fryers Street Shepparton on Wednesday 7 October 2020 to Monday 12 October 2020.
- Thai Orchid Restaurant, Nixon Street Shepparton on Wednesday 7 October 2020 from 7:00pm to 8:30pm.
- Bombshell Hairdressing, Fryers Street Shepparton on Wednesday 7 October 2020 from 9:30am to 10:30am.
If you visited one of these sites, you are a close contact, you need to be tested and quarantine. We ask also those also in your household quarantine with you. Please call the GV Health hotline on 1800 313 070 between 8am and 8pm for further instructions.
For the full details from DHHS and the most up to date information please CLICK HERE.
Stay safe and take care of each other. With this new outbreak in Shepparton it would also be advised that students take their computer and other important resources home with them each evening wherever this is possible.
Anyone who is unwell with any symptoms of COVID-19, no matter how mild (such as fever, chills, cough, sore throat, runny nose, loss of sense of smell) and who attended these locations on these dates and times should get tested immediately and stay at home until you receive the result.
Do not go about your normal day-to-day activities such as work or going out in the community.
Please do the right thing and do not place your family members, friends and the broader community at risk.
Getting Tested – Updated ~ Acute Respiratory Clinic & Pop-Up Testing GV Health is providing two sites in Shepparton wo sites are available for COVID-19 testing in Shepparton –
* Acute Respiratory Clinic at Graham Street, Shepparton is open seven days per week from 9:00am to 5:30pm.
* The McIntosh Centre at Shepparton Showgrounds Corner of Midland Hwy and Thompson Street from 12:30pm
Further information regarding COVID-19 ~ Information regarding COVID-19 is available at the Department of Health and Human Services website at CLICK HERE or by calling 1800 675 398.