Term 4 Return to School Dates
Monday 11 October to Monday 25 October
- Year 12 continue onsite full time
- Year 7 and 11 commence full time onsite from Monday 11 October
- Year 8, 9 and McAuley Champagnat Program return onsite for classes on Tuesdays and Wednesdays (Remote Learning Monday, Thursday and Friday)
- Year 10 return onsite for classes Thursdays and Fridays (Remote Learning Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday)
Knight St - The canteen will be available every day to purchase food or drinks with a reduced menu.
Year 9 - Café Emmaus will be available to purchase food or drinks on Tuesdays and Wednesdays. It will be closed Monday, Thursday and Friday.
MCP – Café Vincent will function as usual.
Student Free Day
Monday 1 November, the day prior to Melbourne Cup public holiday, will be a Student Free day. There will be no classes for students and the office will be closed.
- Must be carried at all times.
- Must be worn indoors and outdoors except if at home, or if an exception applies.
- Must be worn on all public transport.
- All students MUST bring their own face masks to school. It’s advisable for students to have spare face masks in their locker should they require a replacement. Students who do not bring masks or refuse to wear them without an exemption will not be able to remain at school and will need to be collected from the College by parents/guardians.
We need everyone to be doing the right thing and wearing masks correctly at all times. We will be going over the requirements for wearing masks correctly with our students.
The process for students not wearing masks is:
- A reminder from a staff member
- If students continue to wear their mask incorrectly, they will be sent to time out
- Heads of House / Directors will then exclude students until parent meetings are able to be held.
Summer Uniform Transition
Until Monday, 18 October 2021, students have the option of wearing correct summer or winter uniform. From Monday, 18 October, correct summer uniform is to be worn. The uniform shop is open for purchasing any new items. Opening times are published on the College website. Students are to wear winter uniform if they do not have correct summer uniform organised yet – uniform passes for wearing PE uniform in place of summer uniform will not be granted. College hats are to be worn by all students when they are outside at recess and lunchtime and for any outdoor classes from day 1 of term 4.
Events and Cancellations
- All Camps and Excursions – Monday 11 October – Monday 25 October – CANCELLED
- Year 8 Time and Space Evening – 11 October – CANCELLED
- Year 10 Ball – CANCELLED - Letter to Year 10 Families
- Year 12 VCAL Morning Tea Presentation – 12 October – CANCELLED – Presentations will be made in individual WRS classes.
- Year 9 Daborra Presentations – 12 October – 12 October – CANCELLED
- Year 9 Daborra Parent Briefing Evening – 12 October – CANCELLED
- GMD Year 7/8 Summer Sports Day – 13 October – CANCELLED
- Year 9 Wanyara Indigenous Day – 15 October – CANCELLED
- Year 12 Final Mass – 19 October – CANCELLED
- Year 12 Assembly Rehearsal – 19 October – CANCELLED
- Year 12 Rites of Passage – 20 October – ONLINE for students only
- Year 12 Final Assembly – 20 October – ONLINE for staff and students only
- Year 9 Daborra Camp – 7 November – 12 November – CANCELLED – Letter to Year 9 Families
- Year 8 MA/MC Camp – 3 November – 5 November – CANCELLED
Time and Space Online Parent & Student Evening (open to all Year levels)
We are delighted to offer you an online Time & Space event which is open to all of our Notre Dame families. This will be a live, interactive, online event and will not be recorded for viewing at a later date.
Please save the date, Tuesday 19th October at 7pm. If you will not be in the same location as your Notre Dame student/s on the 19th of October there is provision in the registration process for each of you to be invited to the event.
We will send more detailed information soon. You have to register to attend this special event. You can book your place now. You will receive a confirmation on screen. Time & Space will send you a reminder email and a link to the zoom meeting closer to the date.
Mandatory Vaccinations for Student Work Placement
Victoria’s Chief Health Officer has issued directions on mandatory COVID-19
vaccination for residential aged care workers, construction workers, school and early
childhood staff. These directions also apply to students undertaking Structured Workplace
Learning and work experience at residential aged care facilities, construction sites, and
For more information, see: https://www.education.vic.gov.au/school/Pages/coronavirus_swl.aspx
For those students who meet the below criteria, we will be running an onsite supervision program from Monday, 11 October to Friday, 25 October 2021 at the Knight Street Campus. You can find the full list of the eligible authorised workers HERE.
Students who are NOT registered will have to be collected from the College and taken home.
Bookings must be made by 12:00pm the day prior.
Criteria for Onsite Supervision Program:
- Children who have been previously been attending because their parent/s and/or carer/s were considered authorised workers.
- Children experiencing vulnerability, including:
- in out-of-home care
- deemed vulnerable by a government agency, funded family or family violence service, and assessed as requiring education and care outside the family home
- identified by a school or early childhood service as vulnerable, (including via referral from a government agency, or funded family or family violence service, homeless or youth justice service or mental health or other health service)
- where a parent/carer indicates that a student with a disability is vulnerable because they cannot learn from home, and/or informs the school the student is vulnerable due to family stress, the school must provide on-site supervision for that student. This may apply to students enrolled in specialist schools and students with a disability enrolled in mainstream schools.
Year 9 and MCP students booked into supervision programme will be based at the Emmaus Campus.
Masks will be required inside and outside for all students (except those who have an exemption) who attend the programme.
Knight St - The canteen will be available to purchase food or drinks on a reduced menu.
Year 9 - The cafe will not be available to purchase food or drinks. Students must ensure they bring food and a drink bottle.
MCP – The Café will function as usual.
If your child is eligible for the supervision program you MUST book them in for each day. CLICK HERE to book using booking code WS7VU.
MCP Students will be contacted by staff and booked in by staff.
COVID-19 Health Advice
Please continue to follow any Health Department directives regarding testing and quarantine requirements.
Key behaviours required for reducing COVID-19 transmission risk include staying home when unwell, performing regular hand hygiene and, where possible, pursuing strategies to support physical distancing.
Students and staff should continue to be vigilant and remain home if unwell.
Hand hygiene remains one of the critical measures to reduce COVID-19 transmission. Hands should be cleaned with an alcohol-based hand sanitiser or washed with soap and water for 20 seconds.
Students should cough or sneeze into their elbow or a tissue.
We look forward to seeing all students back at school and settling back into routine.
If you have any significant concerns, please do not hesitate to contact your child’s Head of House, Learning Community Leader or Wellbeing Support Service.