Primary Close Contact (PCC) reports were shared with the Department of Health late last night and all PCCs will be contacted today with instructions. The PCCs we have identified have all been rated as high-risk at this stage which means:
- They will be contacted by the Department of Health.
- They must isolate immediately and seek testing as soon as possible.
- If they receive a negative result, they must continue their isolation for 14 days from their last exposure to the case.
- They will require an additional test on day 13 prior to returning to school. Once they receive their day 13 negative test result, they can stop quarantining immediately. We recommend they also get tested between day 5-7 and as soon as possible if they have any COVID-19 symptoms.
- PCCs CANNOT return to our site without first providing proof of clearance from the Health Department by way of a negative result on Day 13.
Only the staff and students identified as PCCs are required to quarantine. There household members are not required to quarantine unless directed to do so by the Department of Health:
- If you live with someone who has been to a Tier 1 exposure site, but they have NOT tested positive for COVID-19, you don't need to isolate or get a test unless you have COVID symptoms or have been asked to get a test by the Department of Health.
- You can go about your normal activity, but keep your distance from the person who has visited the exposure site as much as you can, and wear a properly fitted mask when you are out of the house.
For more detail - https://www.coronavirus.vic.gov.au/what-to-do-if-you-have-been-exposed-to-covid-19 - complete this self assessment or ring the hotline on 1800 675 398.
Any members of our College community who have any COVID like symptoms should please seek a test and isolate until receiving a negative result.
All staff and students not identified as PCCs should be returning for classes onsite as scheduled from 19/10/2021. We will have further communication out to families this afternoon to confirm this.
Very limited staff and no students have access to our site today. Nothing can be collected from lockers for students. We expect they will have access again from tomorrow. If this changes we will put other arrangements in place.
Remote learning continues for all students today.