We are looking forward to welcoming our students back onto our campus next week.
With positive cases in our community, a reminder to all that you should continue to self-monitor for symptoms of COVID - 19 and seek testing immediately if any develop.
- All students and staff return onsite at Knight St and Emmaus Campuses.
- Year 12 VCE and Scored VET classes will continue to run in the usual classrooms for students who want to attend. These classes will run up until and including the day of the exam.
- Year 12 students will go to the Senior Study area in the Library if they are onsite between classes.
Changes to Primary Close Contacts (PCCs) and Quarantine Periods
Catholic Education Sandhurst have now confirmed reduced Quarantine periods for eligible PCCs and changes to how PCCs will be identified.
Quarantine Period Changes
Primary Close Contacts (PCCs) who meet the following eligibility requirements will only have to complete a 7-day quarantine period from 11.59pm on Thursday 21 October 2021:
- PCC must not be a household contact (live with) a person who has tested positive to COVID-19.
- PCC must be fully vaccinated and able to provide us with their valid vaccination certificate.
- PCC must provide evidence of negative COVID-19 Test on or after Day 6 of their quarantine period.
If you are unable to meet these requirements you must quarantine for 14 days and show evidence of a negative test on Day 13.
Evidence of vaccination and the appropriate negative test results will need to be shared with the College before students will be cleared to return to school.
Identifying Primary Close Contacts (PCCs)
From next week the criteria for identifying PCCs of a positive COVID case, at the College, will change. The new criteria are:
- You are fully vaccinated and have spent two hours or more with a positive case during their infectious period.
- You have spent less than two hours with a positive case, but you were NOT wearing a mask AND/OR you are not fully vaccinated.
This will affect a much smaller group of staff and students if we have more positive cases onsite. PCCs will still have to complete a quarantine period but any who meet the requirements will be eligible for a shorter 7-day quarantine.
It will continue to be particularly important that we always wear our masks properly, be mindful of hand hygiene and maintain social distancing wherever possible, to keep ourselves and others safe whilst at school.
From Monday 25 October 2021, students are to wear correct summer uniform. The uniform shop is open for purchasing any new items. Opening times are published on the College website. Students are to wear Winter uniform if they do not have correct summer uniform organised yet – uniform passes for wearing PE uniform in place of summer uniform will not be granted. College hats are to be worn by all students when they are outside at recess and lunchtime and for any outdoor classes.
'Managing Overwhelm' - SchoolTV
Due to the pandemic, the world we now live in is a very different place. Our connectivity to the digital world exposes us to a barrage of messages that can leave us feeling overwhelmed. As a result, many children and their parents are reporting higher levels of stress and anxiety.
This Special Report suggests a number of strategies to help manage any feelings of overwhelm that you or your child may be experiencing. We hope you take a moment to reflect on the information offered. Here is the link to your special report https://notredame.vic.schooltv.me/wellbeing_news/special-report-managing-overwhelm