The Year 9 Programme on the Emmaus Campus provides our Year 9 students with a unique learning opportunity.
- Challenge students in their learning.
- Design and deliver a flexible curriculum program that facilitates deep engagement with learning.
- Provide a classroom organisation which facilitates teaching and learning practices that are responsive to the diverse learning, social, and emotional needs of young adolescents.
- Provide opportunities for students practical involvement in applied learning.
- Provide learning opportunities that support students engagement in their local community.
- Provide opportunities for students to take on roles of responsibility.
- Develop an appreciation of our environment and an understanding of sustainable practices.
Located on 48 acres approximately 8 kilometers north of Shepparton on a green field site. The Year 9 Programme:
- Provides three large purpose built learning communities each of which are home to a pair of sister houses.
- Provides large flexible spaces with moveable furniture to facilitate teams of teachers to work with the students both individually and in groups.
- Promotes use and ownership of the facilities by the learner.
- Provides an Information and Communication Technology (ICT) rich environment with students having access to wireless technologies with all students having a laptop computer provided to them by the college.
- Provides a range of flexible spaces to meet the needs of the Year 9 curriculum.
- Integrates eating areas, outdoor areas and gathering areas for sharing and learning.
Learning Community Organisation
- Each Learning Community caters for a pair of sister houses: Crane/Kennedy; Jennings/Mungovan; MacKillop/McGann.
- Pastoral groupings are house or sister house based.
- A team of teachers is allocated to each Learning Community.
- Pastoral Group Leaders support the academic progress and wellbeing of each of the students within their Pastoral Group.
Student Support Programmes Services
- Learning Enrichment Program including:ASL support
- Supporting students with learning difficulties
- Integration Aides
- Counselling/Psychological services
- Careers Information and Counselling
- Homework Club
- Library services
- Music Tuition